Monday, February 1, 2010

cellar door

I watched Donnie Darko last night, and I had some really disturbing dreams as a result.

Now, I'm eating a pink lady apple and procrastinating doing laundry after an afternoon spent reviewing some of my past writings.

It's fun to see progress in yourself, especially since we all spend so much time being our own biggest critic. I'm going to work on also being my own biggest fan.

I saw Lady Gaga perform with Elton John last night at the Grammy's, and I think they're both amazing!

I'm thinking about time travel- if I could, would I? Where would I go? What would I do? I guess I wouldn't. I think I would choose to just let life unfold in its own time, run its natural course- not speed it up or slow it down. Sure, I wish I had a remote control where I could rewind and fast forward different experiences at my discretion, who doesn't? But, ultimately, I believe in the timing of the Universe. I believe we prepare ourselves for things to happen when they do, to a point at least.

I also believe in feeling frustrated, in doubting yourself, in wondering what it is you're supposed to be doing. And, I believe in hope. I believe you can ask the questions, but also have to be prepared to accept the answer that sometimes there are no answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment