Thursday, January 7, 2010

popping my cherry

My first blog!!! Woohoo! It feels weird, but I'm sure I'll get used to it- that's how 'firsts' are, right?!

I usually do all of my writing on paper and then transfer it onto the computer. I considered doing 'rough drafts' of my blogs on paper and then typing them onto here, but I know myself, and if there were that many steps involved it would never get done- certainly not as frequently as I would like. So, this is me, and it's going to be raw, and there are going to be run-on sentences and poor punctuation and words that I overuse, misuse, misspell, and I'm going to like it- or atleast accept it.

I am a little conflicted about this blog. I wanted to showcase my work; I am, afterall, a writer. But, perhaps, this space may be better used as my own personal forum for accountablility. My friend just started a blog, and she is using it to make herself write everyday, to encourage the habit, and honestly I could really benefit from that too. So, maybe I can do both- post some 'pieces' I have written and also just post some reflective or not-so reflective stream-of-conscienceness stuff too. I like the idea of making this blog for me. If I end up with some readers, cool, if not, equally cool.

I'm not so good with organization- my room and anyone who's seen it can certainly attest to that. Having multiple blogs for different purposes does not seem like something I can see myself maintaining, atleast not right now. I'm going to have to ease into this whole blog thing anyhow. So, for now, this is it. This is me. This is my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment